Networx stopped showing proxy traffic after making UI changes

Started by overworxed

Networx stopped showing proxy traffic after making UI changes   01 July 2013, 06:44

Networx 5.27 x64 in Vista x64. When using Networx w/ "ignore local traffic w/in the LAN" & select "All Connections" - does it ever ignore / exclude any (some?) traffic going through proxies? Using regular Fx, the settings I have work fine & I think NW is showing accurate rates.

Using Tor Brower, it showed nothing - for a bit - even though that traffic must pass through the same network adapter & the same router. Not sure, but my trying to change the graph type from polyline to histogram, may have stopped NW from showing the proxy traffic, where as it WAS showing proxy traffic in the past.

I changed to histogram & apply, & it immediately stopped logging the proxy traffic. Change it back to polyline w/o restarting NW & still doesn't show proxy traffic.

After unchecking the Ignore local traffic (doing that does NOT activate the Apply button), the graph starts showing u/l & d/l rates in the GBs - of course, incorrect values. There's nothing going on in local traffic that would approach a few 100 MB, much less GBs.
Restarting NW gets the graph traffic volumes back into KB's - but doesn't log proxy traffic.

Trying to reproduce this issue, I got it to start showing correct u/l - d/l rates again, INCLUDING proxy - ONCE, but I'm not sure how. Maybe by stopping / restarting NW several times. So far, after the last time of changing to histogram (& back to polyline), unchecking "Ignore local traffic," & it stopped showing the proxy traffic (at all), I CAN'T get it to start showing them again. Guess I haven't repeated the secret steps correctly.

Restarted NW several times during this process.

IP address range manager specifically shows several address ranges as "excluded from calculations." I haven't figured out what these addresses are. They appear to have been there all along.

Networx stopped showing proxy traffic after making UI changes   01 July 2013, 07:12

Well, rebooting system started NW logging the proxy traffic again. Doesn't solve question of why changing the graph display would cause it to stop logging proxy traffic.

I repeated that process 2x. NW was logging proxy traffic; I changed graph from polyline to histogram: it stopped logging proxy traffic.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.