Synchronize total networx data in different computers

Started by Neel

Hi Andrew, here is a situation:

1) I am connected to my PC1 (this is my main or primary computer) by a internet data USB and used around 20 MB according to networx usage report.

2) Then I connected with the same internet data USB to PC2 (this is my second computer) and used 125 MB according to networx usage report..

3) Now, I want to add/display or synchronize (even it's manually possible to edit - add/subtract) the total usage in the networx quota to display in the the networx installed in my primary computer PC1.

Is that feature already there or if not, can you possibly incorporate this feature?

Thanks and regards,
Neel
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Synchronize total networx data in different computers   24 July 2013, 16:03

Are the computers PC1 and PC2 networked?
Answer to your question is: No.
Ple note:I have installed networx in both of them.

Synchronize total networx data in different computers   25 July 2013, 09:11

NetWorx instances could sync with each other if the computes were networked. As they are not, there is no way to sync the usage.

I recommend if you use NetWorx in this way, you should use the portable edition and carry it between these two computers. It may even be possible to put NetWorx on your USB modem if it supports USB mass storage, so that wherever your USB modem goes NetWorx goes with it.
Thanks Andrew for your suggestion.
I will try that.

Just have a few questions that arise thereon:
1) As I said, I used the PC 1 (primary computer/) always.
2) Just yesterday, I connected to my secondary PC 2 to update antivirus date base, etc, after 6 months. So, you see, I rarely use PC 2.
Now, my question is:
3) I can use both instances/versions together -installed Networx and portable Networx simultaneously in both PCs ?
Or specifically to my situation, what do you suggest?
4) Also, please note that I like and use the auto-dial-up feature of Networx at my computer start-up hence, I'd like to have the installed version.

5) Here is another question:
I see you have released a new version "....9" of Networx. It talks about Win 7 something.
Now my antique PC 2 has Win XP and my PC1 has Win 7. So can I safely install the new version of Networx in both my Win 7 and Win XP PCs?

Thanks,
Neel
Hi Andrew, while I 'll look forward to your kind responses to my above 5 questions, here is an afterthought additional question:

3 contd.) Say if I install portable Network on my PC1 hard drive (I have only one hard drive in PC 1 with no partitions).
And when I have to use my PC2, can I cut/copy the potable version folder in a USB and connect it to PC2.
After use of PC 2, can I again cut/copy and paste it back to my PC 1? Will it work that way?

Thanks,
N

Synchronize total networx data in different computers   25 July 2013, 16:52

3) The installed and portable versions won't work together. However, the idea of having a portable copy of NetWorx will. You could have portable NetWorx on your PC1 most of the time, then take it to PC2 whenever you are using it, and finally return it to PC1 replacing the old copy.

5) Yes, you can. Don't install the LAN traffic filtering driver though as you don't need it.
Thanks Andrew for your advice. I will use the portable version.

By the way, though I am not a technical person, I did install the LAN traffic filtering driver in both the PCs and have this feeling that the internet speed has increased. Well, it just could be a feeling!

Does the portable version also support auto-dial-up at computer start-up?

How/where can I get the portable version of the previous version of Networx (v5.2.8)? Kindly request you to please send me the download link.

Thanks again Andrew,
Neel

Synchronize total networx data in different computers   25 July 2013, 18:51

Yes, automatic dialling is supported in the same way as before.

Sorry, we don't keep older versions. You can probably still find it on third-party download sites.
For all who are interested in Portable Network 5.2.8 : Download link: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=962ec737bab101be&id=962EC737BAB101BE!376&authkey=!ANsMowTTahEPQ4k

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.