New counter "per Year"

Started by Andoni

Andoni

New counter "per Year"   18 August 2013, 22:52

Hello,

I use this fantastic program on my house LAN. I use "Usage Report", but i need to know "per year" usage. Developers, please, can you add this option to "usage report"

Kind Regards

New counter "per Year"   18 August 2013, 23:40

No need to change the program,

Use the Custom tab, set the first date to the first date of your year, the second to the last date.
If you set the option to show totals at the top (in the Hidden options) the total for the year will be the first row you see, otherwise you'll have to scroll to the bottom.

J
Andoni

New counter "per Year"   19 August 2013, 00:53

Ok, i understand, but i would like to see on a "easy" view. I have data from year 2005 and do it yearly is "borred". As we have "daily" view, "monthly" view, i consired interesting to have "yearly" view to see quickly the diferents year.

Kind Regards

New counter "per Year"   19 August 2013, 08:55

Do what I do then, create a spread sheet and enter the values once a year when the year is finished.

Otherwise the developer would have to add at least 1 field to indicate when your year started as well as provide the tab. That's assuming you want the total by your billing year as is done for months. e.g. my month starts on the 28th, my year starts Mar. 28 2005, etc.

And then there's the problem when changing ISPs with different start dates for the months and of course when the year starts. And to make sense of it all, there'd need to be a way to identify each ISP.

Using the Custom tab and a spread sheet is really the best way to go, you have full control of 'your' setup with almost zero effort. You can keep other information in the spread sheet such as costs, equipment, etc.

Your asking the devs to do a lot of work that may benefit only you when you can do it easily yourself to suit yourself.

I'd vote No to your request, I'd rather see them 'improve' the logging by Application which would benefit many users.

J
Andoni

New counter "per Year"   21 August 2013, 05:14

Sorry, but i only have to do bu "natual" year. From 1/1/2012 to 31/12/2012 for 2012 year, from 01/01/2013 to 31/12/2013 to 2013 year and so on. Devs only need yo sumarize the 12 month of year. I think it is easy.

No need to change year start and end, only natural year (January to December)

Like tab monthly use "natural" month, like daily use "natural" day, one tab more to do year sumary, no change is required so complicated like you say sad.

Kind Regards

New counter "per Year"   21 August 2013, 13:01

In your original post you said "but i need to know "per year" usage".

What do you "need" it for?

In your second post you said "I have data from year 2005".

What have you been doing since 2005 ended to satisfy the "need"?

Using the Custom tab provides you with the information.

For a "year-by-year" review a spreadsheet is great.

You'd only have to spend a few seconds of your life to use those tools to get what you want. It would take less time than what you're spending now asking someone else to do your work for you.no, thumb down

J
Andoni

New counter "per Year"   28 August 2013, 00:45

I totally agree with you.

I just wanted to make a suggestion to make the program better. I did not know not wanted to hear the improvements proposed by the users. :S

Now we have this tab:
Per Day
Per Week
Per Month

It seems logical that there is to be "Per Year"

I apologize for asking an improvement for the program.

sincerely sorry that is considered a nuisance.

Kind regards
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

New counter "per Year"   28 August 2013, 09:56

While it's possible to add the Per Year tab, it would supposedly be of interest for very few users.

At the same time, I'd like to keep NetWorx as simple as possible, without having dozens of tabs and hundreds of settings.

I agree with Praxis, that if someone has a statistical interest in knowing how much more he downloaded in 2009 than in 2010, it may be easy to use a text file or spreadsheet.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.