Desk Band and Usage Report detects zero traffic if 'Ignore local traffic' is enabled

Started by galactic ninja

The Desk Band and Usage Report features do not work if the 'Ignore local traffic within LAN' setting is enabled in a computer of mine. Desk Band and Usage Report do not detect any traffic at all if that option is enabled. However, disabling that option makes those functions work fine (albeit at the cost of also detecting LAN traffic).

I have two PCs on the network, the other works fine with the 'Ignore local traffic within LAN' option with v5.2.10. For troubleshooting purposes, I am including the ipconfig /all output of the two computers.

Specs of computer where it doesn't work:

• Windows 7 Starter (32-bit), connecting through ethernet adapter (LAN cable).
• This computer (a netbook) only has one network adapter.
• This computer also has a Wifi adapter but I do not use it and have it disabled in Device Manager.
• I set this computer so that it takes 192.168.1.10 as its LAN IP address (primarily so that its uTorrent Web UI URL will be static) in Control Panel - Network Connection - Local Area Connection - Properties.
• Screenshot of setting: http://imgur.com/wD9IH8I

All Networx settings are set to their defaults except 'Ignore local traffic within LAN', which is enabled.

Note that this is also the same issue I've previously reported here (but for v5.2.8) - it worked fine with v5.2.9, but happened again in v5.2.10. The ipconfig /all details are also found on the same link.

Also, where can I download v5.2.9?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Desk Band and Usage Report detects zero traffic if 'Ignore local traffic' is enabled   08 October 2013, 12:37

At different times NetWorx builds included either a TDI (Transport Driver Interface) or WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) driver for LAN traffic filtering.

Unfortunately it seems the former did not work correctly for some users, while the latter did not work for others. This could be because of a combination of third party products installed on their computers.

As of today, NetWorx gives you a choice which driver to install. If one doesn't work, you can try the other with a simple installation over the currently installed instance and a reboot.

According to your description, the WFP driver did work for you. Just download a fresh copy here and install it with the WFP driver.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.