Unknown or Chinese named Programms in ther overview

Started by Tony#9

Tony#9

Unknown or Chinese named Programms in ther overview   10 October 2013, 02:59

Hello,
since i installed Networx over 6 months ago i do have some entrys in the Software list which are Named "unknown" and which i cant trace on my PC because theres no Filepath attached.
I do have for example one Programm which is named "unknown" and one Programm which has Chinese letters which of course im not able to read. Both have no filepath so icant backtrack them on the HDD.

So will there someday an implementation in networx where i can just simply click on those and have the possibility to check Details on those unknown entrys or all entrys at all from evey Program which was listed by networx because it needed bandwidth?

This would really help to analyze the traffic a bit better. At the momemt i cant find out which programs those tow are. the chinese seems weird enough sinc it only received 6 Gigabyte and send none.
I fear my security is compromised here on my PC. So im really interested to find that particulary one.

best regards
Tony#9
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Unknown or Chinese named Programms in ther overview   10 October 2013, 08:45

Please see the last three messages here about the Chinese characters issue.

Our goal is to identify 100% of applications correctly, so the fixed version will not have those Chinese characters (you will have to clear the application view though).

I am currently investigating that rare occurrence of the "Unknown" application.
Thank you Andrew for the fast reply,

i will read those mentioned messages at once.

Tony#9

Thank you Andrew for the fast reply,

i will read those mentioned messages at once.

Just read the messages and found the one from "Puiu" who gave the characters in Hex:
卖荈㣬ས瑿․襈䣋䎋䡸茻

Those i compared visually with the ones in my Application List. Its exactly the same characters.
I will now install the Bugfix mentioned later in that Messages.
Thank you for confirming its no security issue here as i scanned everything myself without finding something malicious.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.