Applications column

Started by Wayne

Wayne

Applications column   23 October 2013, 08:07

I just downloaded NetWorx and I understand most of what it is showing me except for the Applications column.
Your user manual on line does not show anything about that column. The applications seem to be sending and receiving a lot of info but it is not getting to my modem. I have Hughes Net and am restricted to 10 Gb per month.
Also there are two applications that are in Chinese????? Please explain.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Applications column   24 October 2013, 00:16

These Chinese characters and Unknown are not a real application. It's a bug in NetWorx.

It's been fixed in version 5.2.11 that can be downloaded from the home page.

Then just clear the application view and the weird characters will be gone. Your quota or usage records will not be affected if you clear the application view alone.

Re: Applications column   24 October 2013, 19:49

Andrew

Then just clear the application view and the weird characters will be gone. Your quota or usage records will not be affected if you clear the application view alone.

Hi Andrew,

I installed 5.2.11 with WFP.

I went to the Application tab and clicked the Reset button based on what you said to 'clear', got the "Are you sure..." and clicked OK.

Bad news for me, it cleared all stats.confused

Not really a problem for me because I'm only interested in the current month and I keep a spreadsheet as well, but could be serious for others.

I then found out that the correct way is to select one or more lines, right click and select Delete

So could you put in some code to prevent someone 'clearing' everything using the Reset button if they are on the Applications tab
-plus-
a pop up to tell them to Delete individual lines that they don't want.

This would be just on the Applications tab.....
-but-,
on any other tab Reset would clear everything, and one more pop up to ask if they'd like to Backup before resetting/clearing which would default to 'Yes', as a safety measure such as clicking on the wrong button at the wrong time, would be a good thing. wink

(W7 Pro x64)

J

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.