5.2.11 LAN driver question

Started by ed1

ed1

5.2.11 LAN driver question   24 October 2013, 08:19

I just uninstalled WinPCap and installed Networx 5.2.11, selecting the WFP LAN filtering driver. In the dropdown network listing, I no longer see options designated as "Ignore local traffic within the LAN: [name of network adapter]".

In the past, I have not ticked the box to ignore local traffic because it required monitoring All Connections (which I do not want to do). Instead I have selected, from within the dropdown menu the specific adapter to be monitored and preceded by the words "Ignore local traffic within the LAN".

I wish to monitor only one adapter but ignore local traffic. How can I get this back?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: 5.2.11 LAN driver question   24 October 2013, 12:05

Install WinPCap (the latest version of it) as it's required to exclude LAN traffic on a selected interface.

The driver that comes with NetWorx only allows you to exclude LAN traffic on all interfaces.
ed1

Re: 5.2.11 LAN driver question   24 October 2013, 22:27

OK, thanks Andrew.

I assume then that when reinstalling I should untick the selection to install both of the Networx drivers, correct?

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.