The usage report Application tab is extremely slow

Started by C

The applications tab takes about a second or more to display, I can actually watch it render the list from top to bottom.
This also happens anytime the list changes at all, so anytime that I resize the window or scroll the list or switch to another application and then back again.

There are also 28 items on the list if that makes any difference.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: The usage report Application tab is extremely slow   08 December 2013, 12:15

Probably because NetWorx tries to show an icon for every application, which requires accessing that application, which causes every application in the list to be scanned by antivirus software.
I am not running antivirus, and even so would the icons be reloaded every time I scroll the list?

After restarting my computer though, the problem is not as bad but it is still slower than you would expect it to be.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: The usage report Application tab is extremely slow   08 December 2013, 19:36

If you are running Windows 8, you do have an antivirus called Windows Defender, which in a typical configuration has real-time monitoring turned on.
It's actually running on XP; I have Microsoft security essentials installed but the real time protection is turned off.
I haven't thought of looking if it is also as slow on Windows 7.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.