Configuring "one-way" synchronisation

Started by giri7tn

Configuring "one-way" synchronisation   19 May 2014, 20:48

I have a small network with IP series 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255, default subnet mask 255.255.255.0, 10 computers. Main PC with 192.168.1.2, the others from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.12

Synchronization on both ways works well as described here.

But don't want the data usage on Main PC (192.168.1.2) to be synched with other PC's. Please help me out with configurations.

Re: Configuring "one-way" synchronisation   20 May 2014, 04:08

It's not clear what you want when you say "don't want the data usage on Main PC (192.168.1.2) to be synched with other PC's".

If you don't want the other PCs to see the usage of the Main PC, open the Hidden Settings and change the address of "Sync broadcast address" to 0.0.0.0 which then will not allow the other PCs to access/sync the data for the Main PC.

J

Re: Synchronizing   20 May 2014, 12:38

sorry for the inconvenience and that is what I require. Could you please give me the exact configuration on Main PC and Others?

Sync broadcast address and Sync computer with IP address

Also do I have to enable Sync in the main PC?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Synchronizing   20 May 2014, 13:22

The main PC: set Sync broadcast address to 0.0.0.0 and the synchronisation option must be turned on in the advanced settings.
Other PCs: Don't change any of the hidden settings and the synchronisation option must be turned on in the advanced settings.

It's essentially a workaround to stop the main PC from announcing itself on the network, in which case it still listens to other computers but doesn't advertise itself.

Re: Synchronizing   20 May 2014, 16:07

Thank you very much!
And what if only I want to see the data usage of other PCs only the Main PC?

Re: Synchronizing   20 May 2014, 19:40

giri7tn

And what if only I want to see the data usage of other PCs only the Main PC?

I assume that your question should be:
"what if I don't want to see the data usage of other PCs, I just want to see usage of only the Main PC?"
Click on the icon for Users and select the main PC user assuming there's only one user of the main PC rather than "All users combined".

Selecting "All users combined" does just that, it shows usage for all PCs including the main PC user or you select each individual PC user.
If you have more than one user using the Main PC then you won't be able to get a single total for the main PC, you'll have to add the totals together.

There's no option to show only the other PCs in total without including the main PC.

J

Re: Synchronizing   21 May 2014, 14:05

sorry that is not what I want, I configured everything as per your instruction and it worked fine but when added another PC .i.e. 1 Main PC & 2 extra, the data usage of the extra PC are shown to each other. How can I stop this?

Re: Synchronizing   21 May 2014, 14:53

If the two new PCs see both their own usage and each other's usage, then open Hidden Settings and change the Synch computer with IP addresses" to 0.0.0.0
Sometimes it's helpful to explain your problem by using the IP addresses of the computers.

I have to assume that the new computers are 192.168.1.13 and 192.168.1.14 based on your first post.

Using 13 as an example:
"Synch broadcast target address" should be 192.168.1.13 so that the main PC can get the stats for 13
"Sync computer with IP addresses" should be 0.0.0.0 so that 13 won't try to get stats from any other PC

The main PC
"Synch broadcast target address" should be 0.0.0.0 so that the other PCs can't get stats for the main PC
"Sync computer with IP addresses" should be 192.168.1.3 192.168.1.4 ....... 192.168.1.14 so the main PC can get stats from all the other PCs IP addresses.

J

Re: Synchronizing   21 May 2014, 17:30

Thank you very much!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.