How to restore old data usage after version update

Started by mrezak

How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 19:56

Hi

Thanks for great and free network tool. Recently, I upgrade to Networx 5.4.2. I read in change logs that its database become SQL db and I know that.

But, when I install new version on old version (5.4.1 without uninstalling it first) and run new version,it says: "Networx cannot read or access DB file in path ..." (well it is obvious that it couldn't read it due to change in its structure but at least it should be able to convert old DB into the new one!)

Also I try to restore old data usage from previous version 5.4.1 but it do not support XML anymore!

My question is: How we can restore old usage into the new version 5.4.2?

Best Regards
MRK
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 20:12

What's the exact error message you are getting? A newer version should always be installed over an older version and no manual backup-restore cycle is needed.

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 20:34

Hi Andrew
thanks for fast reply. Okay, I did this now again:
  1. Uninstalled v5.4.2
  2. Installing v5.4.1 and restore old data usages.
  3. Installing v5.4.2 (x86) over old version and at the end I get this error message:
SoftPerfect support forum

Also if I exit from app and run it again I will get the same error message. Also I exit from Networx then check the "NetWorx.db" file in "C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetWorx" path with Unlocker (emptyloop.com/unlocker/) app to make sure nothing is block Networx access to that file.

PS: any other info or assistant you need just tell me I will be happy to provide extra info you may need.

Regards
MRK

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 20:46

It looks like there is an issue with the database engine, which also was updated. We've received a few similar reports. Could you please once again do the following?

1. Uninstall v5.4.2
  2. Install v5.4.1, restore your XML file and quit NetWorx
  3. Backup sqlite.dll from C:\Progam Files\NetWorx
  4. Now install v5.4.2 and replace sqlite.dll with the one taken from v5.4.1

If this helps, please send me sqlite.dll that worked to support at softperfect.com or post a link here.

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 21:28

I did what you said, and it is not working! I checked Hash Code of both "sqlite.dll" from both versions and both was same file!?

"sqlite.dll" hash codes:

CRC32: 13E81BCB
MD5: C8DE3CAACF5EDC812F4D1D677041D9DA
SHA-1: 9F35D58CC4475CC40BBF9C9ADE930CFBC6B76648

Also I did this to make sure maybe after installing new version over old version it cannot replace new SQL dll file!?:
I did uninstall Networx then checked folder "C:\Progam Files\NetWorx" to make sure it is clear and then install v5.4.2 again and check "sqlite.dll" hash code and it was same as before (v5.4.1) maybe you forget to replace new dll !? wink

For your tests, I upload a zip file that contain 3 files at here: Networx Report.zip (Zip MD5: 1C0174C8C93C421846641D4E4A309848)
It contains:
  1. sqlite.dll (with same Hash Codes I wrote above. this file was in both v5.4.1 and v5.4.2)
  2. NetWorx.db (db after import my below xml file in v5.4.1)
  3. networx-13940715.xml (My backup data usage file, I think I backup it from v5.4.0)

anyway, still if you need anything i am willing to do it.

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 22:18

Got it. There was an issue with converting v4.5.1 database to v4.5.2 which caused an exception that led to the message above, even though it had nothing to do with unreadable database.

Please download and install the latest build and everything should be okay now.

Re: How to restore old data usage after version update   07 October 2015, 22:31

Hi Andrew

Thanks so much, not only for solving the problem and fast replies and great supports, but also for Great and Free applications. (The new version working fine)

Great luck and success
MRK

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.