How to remove a bad entry in the usage report?

Started by beldar

beldar

How to remove a bad entry in the usage report?   23 December 2015, 11:26

Hello.

I had some computer problems recently and after clearing my BIOS the system clock jumped up to the year 2021 for a short time until I adjusted it back to current. Now whenever I look at my Usage Report, there's this dumb 2021 entry of 800k, at the top of the daily, weekly, and monthly reports.

Is there any way to manually edit out the erroneous 2021 entry? It's such a small amount of data and doesn't affect my overall throughput, it's just an annoyance.

Thanks,
Dan
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to remove a bad entry in the usage report   23 December 2015, 12:38

There is no way to edit usage records from NetWorx. You can directly edit the database though, for which:
  1. Download SQLiteSpy.
  2. Launch it and load the NetWorx database file located in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx.
  3. Run the following query in SQLiteSpy replacing YYYY-MM-DD with the year, month and day whose records you want to delete.
      DELETE FROM usage WHERE date('1899-12-30', '+' || DAY || ' days') = 'YYYY-MM-DD'  

Hope that's not too hard to follow wink

Re: How to remove a bad entry in the usage report?   23 December 2015, 21:09

Or you can edit the individual record(s) and change the value(s) by hour.

To gain experience,
Close networx,
Make a backup copy of the networx.db
and

Using a program SQLiteSpy.exe from http://www.yunqa.de/delphi/doku.php/products/sqlitespy/index
Open the original database
Click on the plus sign beside the "usage" table
Click on the box beside "Columns"
Double click on "Columns" to see all the records in the right pane
Networx doesn't show a date in a date format, it uses the number format so:
Scroll to the bottom and today see the Day e.g. 42361 which is the date number
Enter the date number in a spread sheet as a number
Click in a second cell which is formatted as Date and enter the formula value = the first cell, to see the value as a Date, e.g. 2015-12-23.

42361 is the value for 2015-12-23, so, using this approach, find the value for the date you want to edit and scroll to it.
(hint enter the date and then, in a second cell, formatted as Number, enter the formula value = the date cell. for example enter 2015-12-20 and see 42358 in the second cell)

Once you have found the date number, scroll to all the rows with that number, there will likely be several (up to 24 rows, by hour).
Click on either the cell for DATA-IN or DATA_OUT, and select from the Edit menu "Edit Cell".
A small window pops up with the current value, change that to whatever you want and click OK

When you've made all your changes, select from the File menu "Close Database"

Open networx and check the totals and repeat the above until you're satisfied that you have made the changes you wanted.
==============

If you can't get it fixed:
Close networx and
Copy the backup copy over the original.
Start networx

J smile
beldar

Re: How to remove a bad entry in the usage report?   24 December 2015, 11:52

Thanks guys!

Andrew's method was pretty simple.

I also removed a 1-1-2002 BIOS default date that was at the bottom of the Usage Report, lol.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.