How to get data usage reports for each Ethernet and Wi-Fi router connection separately

Started by Wayne

I have a router with 4 Ethernet connections and WiFi, a total of 5 connections. I need a program to monitor and record data usage on each of these 5 connections. I am using NetWorx, but my program only gives me the total router usage of all 5 connections. Do you have another program that breaks that usage down?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to get data usage reports for each Ethernet and Wi-Fi router connection separately   28 September 2018, 10:44

Sorry we don't have a program for this, and I don't think it is technically possible.

To be able to monitor usage per port on a router, there must be some software on the router itself that records what was received and sent on each port. On top of this, it needs to be able to distinguish the Internet data usage and the traffic when local devices just talk to each other without using any Internet data.

Once again, this kind of program probably does not exist. At least not one solution that would work with every router. I have seen custom firmware scripts for some routers to make it possible, but it's quite beyond a simple installation.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.