NetWorx is preventing certain connections

Started by Daniel

Daniel

NetWorx is preventing certain connections   08 March 2020, 11:07

I run NetWorx on my personal computer to track my bandwidth usage each month. I've noticed recently that it seems to be affecting the connectivity of a few programs.
Steam: Occasionally, Steam will have problems connecting after start up
Rainbow 6 Siege: The game will not connect to the main server
Escape from Tarkov: The game will not connect to game servers

I've looked through all the settings trying to find what might be causing the connection interference. Any ideas?

It may not be a problem with NetWorx at all. Is it possible that anti-cheat programs are detecting that the traffic is being monitored and just locking me out?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: NetWorx is preventing certain connections   08 March 2020, 12:20

It sounds like you have the Ignore local traffic within the LAN option on. It works fine most of the time, but sometimes, if other applications stop working properly, this could be caused by the third-party driver package that NetWorx relies upon.

Turning off the "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" option will resolve the stability and connectivity issues, but it will also deactivate application monitoring.

If you require application monitoring, we now recommend trying our new product NetGenius. It's a modern alternative to NetWorx that supports application monitoring, exclusion of LAN traffic, and more.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.