Usage is not recorded while the user is logged off

Started by Doug M

I just got the NetWorx program and doing my 30 day trial before I buy it. I like that I can track my Internet traffic and the usage report is perfect for my needs.

I am using a MacBook and running Windows 10 using Parallels to create a virtual machine to run Windows 10. NetWorx works fine, except when I log out of Windows at night for my backups. NetWorx stops recording data until I log back in again therefore missing all traffic while logged out.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Usage is not recorded while the user is logged off   12 April 2020, 12:10

It is simply because NetWorx runs like a regular application, which is closed when you log off. It's just the way it's been designed.

If you want to keep recording your usage while you are logged out, I recommend NetGenius, our newer app. It is basically a modern and simplified reincarnation of NetWorx built from the ground up. It tracks your usage by application and runs as a service, so it will continue monitoring even when you log off.

Just like NetWorx, NetGenius has a free 30-day trial, so you can try it in exactly the same way and decide which of the two you prefer before purchasing.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.