Discrepancy in the usage reports

Started by Keram

Keram

Discrepancy in the usage reports   02 November 2021, 10:41

Hello,
I'm testing your NetWorx app as well as DU Meter. I compared the usage stats for both and there is a big discrepancy. I don't know which one is correct, not sure how to check it. Please see the attached screenshot and let me know why there is such a difference and how to check which software is displaying the correct numbers and which is wrong.
Thanks.

SoftPerfect support forum
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Discrepancy in the usage reports   02 November 2021, 10:46

It is hard to say which one is correct as DU Meter and NetWorx are used in different modes in your case. DU Meter simply monitors the number of bytes sent over a network interface. NetWorx can do that too, but in your case it's configured to track process activity, which occasionally might produce incorrect readings, depending on the network drivers installed in your system.

So my advice would be to either disable the "Ignore local traffic within the LAN" option (this will make NetWorx to use the same monitoring mode as DU Meter), or try our newer product NetGenius, which was built specifically for tracking process activity and as such does that particular job better than NetWorx.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.