"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"

Started by James

I just purchased a 3-yr license and entered the license key I was emailed. That worked OK, however when I checked for updates I saw version 6.2.10 was available (I just registered version 6.2.8).

I downloaded networx_setup file version 6.2.10.0 into my downloads folder. When I tried to run it, I got the error message:
"Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied."

Running as it an administrator made no difference, and moving the file to another folder also made no difference. What's going on?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: "Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied"   11 November 2021, 12:25

It looks like an antivirus issue where the antivirus does not allow the file to be executed.

Do you have any antivirus product installed?
If so, you may need to deactivate it temporarily for the installation to succeed.
I had PC Matic's Supershield running, and when I paused it for 10 minutes the installation of 6.2.10 worked fine!

Thank you for your VERY prompt response. I wish all software companies would do the same!

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.