Graph position changes when the mouse cursor is moved over

Started by Mateusz53

Mateusz53

Graph position changes when the mouse cursor is moved over   12 December 2021, 21:50

I am using mini graph in the corner of my screen. A part of the graph is positioned to be hidden beyond the edge of the screen because I don't need to see the whole graph:
SoftPerfect support forum

However when a part of mini graph is hidden, there is problem like this: https://youtu.be/h-wrVMPOnVE
When I move the mouse cursor over the graph, it slides out onto the screen. I am not clicking anything, just moving the mouse over graph and it is jumping out angry
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Graph position changes when the mouse cursor is moved over   13 December 2021, 11:47

To make the graph smaller, you can turn off the chart axes by going to the hidden settings and setting Show graph grid and axes to False as shown below.

The odd window movements when you hover the mouse over the graph are likely to be caused by some third-party software installed on your system. Do you have any kind of Windows-enhancing apps or window managers installed?
Disabling graph grid and axes could be this what I'm looking for, but I'm not satisfied how it works. I really like the feature how download line stays at 140 KB/s when data usage is higher. Without grid and axes the download line goes to the frame of the graph and becomes invisible. It looks like no data usage.

I have Windows 7 and don't use any enhancing apps or window managers installed. Even have disabled aero compositions.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Graph position changes when the mouse cursor is moved over   14 December 2021, 12:11

When the axes are removed, naturally the upper edge of the graph becomes the new maximum. You seem to be using the fixed Y-axis capped at 140K while your speeds are actually higher. Furthermore, you set the colour of the graph lines to the same grey as the graph frame, so of course they become hard to distinguish. Below is an example with different colours, and it is much easier to see:

Unfortunately we can't reproduce the moving graph issue, so we can't fix it. Most likely it is something third-party, possibly vendor software that came with the laptop if you are using one.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.