Router traffic graph stopped showing data

Started by Marcel Huguenin

Marcel Huguenin

Router traffic graph stopped showing data   07 April 2023, 22:05

I am using NetWorx for several years now and monitoring traffic of my WiFi adapter and my Router. These graphs are always up on a second screen.

As of the last two days the graph that should show the router traffic stopped displaying content. Re-checking the setup (I am on version 1.1.2 on Mac OS) which was fine for years, also nothing noticeable changed on the Mac, no updates on Monterey were done.

Interfaces were there, everything looks hunky-dory. WiFi traffic is still updating. Computer has restarted as well.

Any ideas?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Router traffic graph stopped showing data   08 April 2023, 08:22

If you have not changed absolutely anything on your Mac, perhaps that's a router update or glitch?

Please try restarting your router, and if that doesn't help we can investigate further.
Marcel Huguenin

Re: Router traffic graph stopped showing data   08 April 2023, 17:19

Thanks Andrew,

I will have a go with that and report back here.

Marcel
Marcel Huguenin

Re: Router traffic graph stopped showing data   10 April 2023, 03:33

My router has been rebooted, the Mac has restarted, the router displays in the available networks but still no data where the WiFi interface does show traffic. I also verified the Gateway MAC address, which is the MAC address of the router. I disabled/enabled the monitored network, exited, restarted the program, but apparently nothing solves the problem. The routers' graph stays empty.

Marcel
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Router traffic graph stopped showing data   13 April 2023, 10:57

We can produce a debug build that print out what's happening under the hood. But before we do that, there are two more things I would like to confirm with you:

1) Whether you are using SNMP or UPnP to monitor your router from NetWorx.

2) It's possible that some router settings have changed. In that case, please try adding your router anew:

SoftPerfect support forum

Untick the existing router entry, and then add it again by clicking Router Monitoring. Make sure the new entry is ticked, then close the dialog.

Please let me know your observations.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.