How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx

Started by nicolaj

How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx   14 October 2023, 21:54

I have statistics in the older DB format. The newer version of NetWorx uses DB3. How do I merge the statistics between the two?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx   16 October 2023, 09:35

There should not be any need in a backup/restore cycle. Upon installation, NetWorx v7 detects version 6 database (.DB) and upgrades it to version 7 (.DB3).

If you have uninstalled version 6 prior to the installation of version 7 and chosen to remove all the data and settings, it will obviously not happen. In this case, the following workaround should help:

1. Quit NetWorx v7 if it's running.
  2. Press Win + R and open %PROGRAMDATA%\SoftPerfect\NetWorx.
  3. Delete any NETWORX.DB3 file that may be there.
  4. Copy your NETWORX.DB file to that location.
  5. Launch NetWorx v7. It should detect the old database in place and convert it to the new format.

Re: How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx   19 October 2023, 04:07

I've not had networx uninstalled. So i do not know why this didn't happen. But i want to merge the two, so i don't lose all the data from the newer db3 file.
I can see that it did the reset on 3/11-22. I don't want to lose almost a years worth. But i'm missing data back from 2009 in the older format. That is why i want to merge.

And if it can read the older format to upgrade it, then it shouldn't be a problem importing the data. Or even merge two DB3 files, as i can upgrade the old file to new.

Googling around a bit, i can see that you can merge the two. Looking into the files, i suppose the data you want to merge is from the "usage" table. I just don't know how to do it.
Sure i can read about how to do it, but i don't have the skills to execute.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx   19 October 2023, 10:55

It's a little complicated because earlier NetWorx releases used UTF-16 for database encoding and newer releases use UTF-8. Due to the SQLite limitations attaching two database for direct merging would not work.

Instead you can send us both databases (older .DB and newer .DB3) in a ZIP file and we'll transfer the data to the new database.

Re: How to import DB with reports and statistics to newer NetWorx   19 October 2023, 22:09

Thank you so much. I've created the zip and sent them.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.