Hourly rates in version 7

Started by ff

ff

Hourly rates in version 7   12 November 2023, 19:25

v6:
General/Per Day/Per Week/Per Month/At Glance/Custom/Dial-up Sessions/Hourly Rates

v7:
General/Per Day/Per Week/Per Month

I want to send my old db files to your staff help me merge into new db3 file. This database contains my usage records from the past few years. I cannot bear to discard them. But I'm afraid something will lost due to v7 not record some data like "Hourly Rates", but this feature is very important to me. Will the usage report feature be updated to have the same content as version 6 in the future?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Hourly rates in version 7   12 November 2023, 23:18

NetWorx version 7 logs usage data on an hourly basis, just like version 6. The elimination of the specific "Hourly Rates" report is due to a new feature: any report can now be expanded to show hourly details, as illustrated below. This enhancement ensures that in instances of unusually high activity, the exact time of occurrence can still be pinpointed:

SoftPerfect support forum

Regarding the integration of databases, it's typically unnecessary to send us the database file for conversion to the DB3 format. By installing version 7 over version 6, your usage records will be automatically converted. Alternatively, you can use a portable version of NetWorx 7. Simply place it in any folder and transfer your existing database file there; it will then automatically convert to DB3 format upon the first launch.
ff

Re: Hourly rates in version 7   13 November 2023, 03:06

Thank you for your reply, but in fact, I copied the db file currently in use by version 6.2.10 to the directory of version 7.1.4 and ran the program, which immediately threw an error "SQL error or missing database: no such table: CONFIG". Afterwards when running the program, none of the original statistical data was imported. Is there any way to fix this?

And this DB file show no error in v6, I don't know why.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Hourly rates in version 7   13 November 2023, 10:00

It sounds like you may have renamed DB to DB3, so the app got confused about the database type. Anyway, you can just compress your DB file to a ZIP file and send it to us. We will then have a look and convert it to version 7 format for you.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.