Audio alert when download or upload speed goes above or below a certain limit

Started by Kalki

Hi,
I would like an audio alert feature for the situations when download or upload speed goes above or below a certain limit. For example, if I set the lower download speed alert to 500 kbps, then if the speed goes below this value for 2 minutes, an audio alert will sound.

This will be very helpful to the users who regularly download from the internet and want to monitor the download/upload speed dropouts without actually looking at the monitor all the time.

Ideally I would like to play a custom wav file.

Regards,
Kalki
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Audio alert when download or upload speed goes above or below a certain limit   14 November 2023, 05:08

NetWorx does have a feature like that. Simply go to Settings - Notifications tab. Enable notifications, set your desired notification condition, and then in the Actions section for a standard system sound set it to run the following command under Run:
rundll32 user32.dll, MessageBeep -MB_ICONEXCLAMATION

For a custom WAV file, we have just added this feature in the latest build. If you would like to try it, please install it over your currently installed version, and then specify the path to the WAV file under the enabled Run option. After that, you should then hear your chosen sound whenever your condition is met.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.