No traffic is showing in router monitoring

Started by Ron

Ron

No traffic is showing in router monitoring   17 January 2024, 13:10

I've been using NetWorx for a couple of months, and it's very useful.
However, it seems to have quit working - I've just got no traffic shown when I try to monitor my router, which is a Plusnet "Hub 2".

My ISP (Plusnet) has been mostly useless for the last year, with the result that I've had three different routers - same make, but new one to prove that's not the problem.

Many thanks for your help.
Kindest Regards,
Ron
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: No traffic is showing in router monitoring   17 January 2024, 13:21

The most common reason for the traffic suddenly not being shown is that some router settings have changed. To exclude this possibility, please try adding your router anew in the list of connections.

For that, untick your existing router entry, and then add it again by clicking the Router Monitoring button. Make sure the new entry is ticked in the list, then close the dialog:

SoftPerfect support forum
Ron

Re: No traffic is showing in router monitoring   17 January 2024, 13:24

Tried all that - no joy.

I drilled down to the next page and found that when my router was selected, there are no entries for 'WAN'. Could that do it?

Many thanks, once again.

Kindest Regards,
Ron
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: No traffic is showing in router monitoring   17 January 2024, 13:49

There are a few other reasons why NetWorx may not display router usage data.

NetWorx employs two methods for polling routers for usage information: SNMP and UPnP. Some routers support both, but many support only one, and a few support neither.
If you choose SNMP and nothing appears under 'WAN', it indicates that your router either does not support SNMP or requires a different community string, which functions like a password. One online discussion on plus.net website suggests that Hub 2 does not support SNMP.

Your alternative is to use UPnP. To do this, create a new entry under 'Router Monitoring' in NetWorx and set it to use UPnP for monitoring. If the router supports UPnP, an interface will be displayed under WAN.
If NetWorx still fails to show any activity after this, consider rebooting the router. Some systems have bugs that halt network activity reporting after a 4 GB threshold, so a reboot might resolve any error conditions.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.