Right-clicking on taskbar display causes Windows 11 Explorer to freeze/crash

Started by sobhan1999

Right-clicking on taskbar display causes Windows 11 Explorer to freeze/crash   14 March 2024, 17:32

Hello
The issue I'm facing is that whenever I have the NetWorx taskbar speed display enabled, if I only right-click anywhere near the NetWorx monitor, or specially if I move the display anywhere to the left and right-click anywhere on the taskbar to the right side of the display, it will cause a hard explorer crash and requires a process restart to fix it. It doesn't matter where I put the taskbar display, if I right-click on it or on right side of it anywhere on the taskbar, even right-clicking very far from it will cause this crash.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Right-clicking on taskbar display causes Windows 11 Explorer to freeze/crash   14 March 2024, 18:21

Which Windows 11 build are you experiencing this issue on? You can press Win + R and type "winver" to retrieve the version information.

Additionally, do you have any Windows Explorer enhancers, tweaks, or customisations installed?

Re: Right-clicking on taskbar display causes Windows 11 Explorer to freeze/crash   14 March 2024, 19:02

Windows 11 23H2 Build 22635.3276 (I had this issue using prior or other builds)

No I don't have any explorer tweakers apart from "StartAllBack", but I'm not using its taskbar nor start menu features and both are disabled (I just use it for its enhanced dark mode tweaks) and also I tried fully removing it and the problem is still there. My PC is set to default Windows 11 taskbar.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.