How to change the size of an image-based RAM disk
The size of an image-based RAM disk cannot be altered directly in the disk properties because it is determined by the size of its image file. If you have an image-based RAM disk and want to make it larger or smaller, do the following:
- Create a new image file of the desired size via Image – Create Image in the main menu.
- Mount this image file via Image – Mount Image.
- Copy the data from your current image-based RAM disk to the newly mounted image.
- Unmount the new image via Image – Unmount Image.
- Open the properties of the RAM disk and change its image path to the new one.
- Reboot your computer. (For the disks where data definitely isn't written or read at that moment, it is safe to simply remount the disk instead of rebooting the computer.)
Now your RAM disk should have the new size and your old data in it. The old image file can now be deleted.
Related articles:How to create predefined files, folders and permissions on a RAM disk
How to create persistent RAM disks with contents preserved between sessions
← Go back