Can't find the window to enter my licence key in

Started by Dirk

Dirk

Can't find the window to enter my licence key in   02 September 2019, 11:34

Hello,
I have brought RAM Disk and I have got the licence code. After downloading the newest trial version from your website and installing it, I see version number 3.4.7 instead of the current latest 4.0.9. Why? The Windows list of installed software shows 4.0.9.

Another question I have: How can I copy the licence code into the software? I cannot find where to do it in the software menu. Your website help says: "Depending on the software product, either open Help menu or About window, and then click Enter Licence Key." But in my case no window comes up to put the key in.

Thanks,
Dirk
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Can't find the window to enter my licence key in   02 September 2019, 12:23

Unfortunately versions 3.4.7 and the latest (4.0.9) are not compatible for installing one over another.

The simplified update procedure, which allows users to update RAM Disk by simply installing a newer version over an older one and rebooting, has been added to RAM Disk from version 4.0 onwards.

Installing new RAM Disk software without uninstalling an older version below 4.0 leads to the situation when files from both versions are present and manifesting in different parts of the system. This is exactly the situation you are experiencing with leftovers of v3.4.7 being displayed in one place, and v4.0.9 in another. This is also the reason why you don't see the licence key window: if you disabled RAM Disk GIU in v3.4.7, this will affect the latest installation as well.

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall version 4.0.9 via Programs and Features.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Remove C:\Program Files\SoftPerfect RAM Disk folder with any files left in it.
  4. Install version 4.0.9 again.
After that you should have all the latest version files in correct places, and the licence key can be entered via the Help menu item.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.