Window position bug when opening WiFi Guard

Started by L.M.

L.M.

Window position bug when opening WiFi Guard   24 November 2013, 17:19

There appears to be a bug in WiFi Guard version 1.0.3 (at least on my computer). When opening the program, the upper left-hand corner of the window is in the center of my monitor, thus placing 25-50% of the window "off" of the monitor. I have to drag the window up and left to see it all. I have tried to fix this by right-clicking the desktop icon and selecting Properties >> Shortcut tab and changing "Run:" to Maximized, but that didn't work. I uninstalled version 1.0.3 and went back to 1.0.2, which opens the window in the proper area. I am currently running Windows 7 Home Premium on my computer, but this problem also happened when I had Vista Home Premium (on the same computer).

BTW, I did not know a message could be posted to this forum without registering, so I previously sent this via the "Send us a message" page. Sorry about that.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Window position bug when opening WiFi Guard   27 November 2013, 13:44

This is supposedly due a feature introduced in 1.0.3.

If it detects the saved window left and top corner are shown outside of the current desktop, it will reposition it to the centre of it.

This was supposed to be useful when you leave the WiFi Guard window on a secondary monitor, which later is disconnected. If this measure wasn't in place, the window would be stranded.

Do you have one or multiple monitors?
L.M.

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   28 November 2013, 12:04

Andrew

Do you have one or multiple monitors?

I am only using a single monitor.

Andrew

If it detects the saved window left and top corner are shown outside of the current desktop, it will reposition it to the centre of it.

I always ran the window maximized (after I dragged the window enough to see the upper right corner of the window), and closed the program that way. And always upon re-running the program it would always open the same way, with the upper left-hand corner of the window in the center of the monitor.

Any ideas why or how to fix it? I'd like to run the current version but only if this problem can get fixed. Thanks!

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   28 November 2013, 17:45

Ah that's the thing. If the window was maximised and then closed it didn't work correctly.

Please download a fresh copy here and it should work fine.
L.M.

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   29 November 2013, 15:00

Downloaded and tried it. The opening window position problem was fixed, but now it did not "see" my computer. By "not see my computer" I don't mean it was showing it as unrecognized, it just was not showing up at all. It "saw" and recognized the modem and my wife's computer, but not mine, the one the program was running on.

I uninstalled 1.0.3 and went back to 1.0.2, again.

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   29 November 2013, 20:29

I have just updated it again and fixed detecting the host computer address.

If you again download a fresh copy, it should all finally be fine.
L.M.

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   30 November 2013, 02:08

Out of curiosity, is the download from the link you gave the same as the download from the usual page here: http://www.softperfect.com/products/wifiguard/

Re: Bug when opening WiFi Guard   30 November 2013, 11:25

Yes, it's the same file (however on the home page the files are hosted in a cloud to handle thousands of downloads a day).

Sometimes you can get the answer faster if you try the forum search and/or have a look at the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.