How to scan public IPs, VPNs, proxy and rogue gateways in the LAN

Started by Andres

Excellent app! I have two questions:
How can I scan all public IPs in the LAN range?
How can I scan VPNs/proxy and rogue gateways in my LAN?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to scan public IPs, VPNs, proxy and rogue gateways in the LAN   29 May 2019, 16:53

From your questions, it is not very clear what you mean.
  • A LAN range is usually one of these: 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x. These IP addresses are private and not routable, so there are no public IP addresses in a LAN range.
  • Scanning for open VPN services would require you to probe some TCP/UDP ports, which are specific to every VPN type. This can be done with a different application of ours - Network Scanner.
  • Scanning for open proxies would likewise require you to probe common proxy ports, usually, those are TCP ports. Again, this can be done with the Network Scanner.
  • Scanning for rogue getaways, assuming you refer to a device configured to route packets, would require sending a specially crafted packet (e.g. TTL = 1, Destination = 1.1.1.1) and analysing the response.
On the whole, what you are asking requires a sound understanding of networking, and you would need advanced tools like Nmap. Unfortunately, that is not something we can further advise on.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.