Launch minimized to tray

Started by DSk

DSk

Launch minimized to tray   16 May 2021, 05:27

Thanks for this program.
Is it possible to add the ability to run it minimized to tray? It is inconvenient for me to see the program window each time after turning my PC on.

P.S. Tried third party solutions like cmdow. But your program is still not automatically minimized at startup, even through additional utilities.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Launch minimized to tray   16 May 2021, 09:30

It sounds like you are trying to automatically start WiFi Guard from your own shortcut or registry entry.

Instead, simply tick the corresponding option in WiFi Guard's settings as shown below. After reboot it will start minimised to the notification area:

SoftPerfect support forum
DSk

Re: Launch minimized to tray   16 May 2021, 10:24

Thanks for answer. I checked it out. Yes, it starts minimized to tray, but only with default start.

In my case however, the program was added to the delayed autoload via Windows Task Manager (taskschd.msc). In other words, it starts from the native .exe no labels and without additional entries in the registry. But launched via delayed autoload in the full window and is not minimized by any means, including utilities. Sadly, when a huge number of programs are launched together with the OS, a delayed startup is a necessity. I may have to change the order of launch and move this program forward. Thank you.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Launch minimized to tray   16 May 2021, 19:50

Simply add the /hide parameter to wifiguard.exe. It will then start minimised.

If no parameter is given, it assumes a regular start and shows its main window.
DSk

Re: Launch minimized to tray   16 May 2021, 23:12

Thanks! It works. Added to "Add arguments" /hide. Delayed autoload has been achieved, thank you.

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.