VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches

Started by User

User

VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches   23 December 2023, 12:04

Hi,
When we use Switch Port Mapper on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches, we get no VLAN info in Switch Port Mapper. There is no problem with the older HPE switches, but from recent Aruba AOS switches all this info is missing.

Is there an update planned to include this?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches   23 December 2023, 12:05

We implemented fetching VLAN information on Aruba switches in version 3.1.7, as indicated in the changelog.

Could you please let me know which version of Switch Port Mapper you are currently using?
User

Re: VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches   23 December 2023, 12:07

Hi, it did work for a while with 3.1.7, but it seems that more recent Aruba AOS releases are again no longer reading/displaying the VLAN info properly. I updated to 3.1.8 to verify if it might be fixed, but info still missing. I tried this both with 3.1.7 and 3.1.8 and the info missing in both releases.

Thank you for looking into this. I like the product and would love to continue using it.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches   23 December 2023, 12:09

This suggests that the VLAN assignments might either be absent from the SNMP tables or are in a format that the Switch Port Mapper could not recognise.

Could you please run an SNMPwalk against your Aruba AOS, export the complete SNMP tree to a CSV file, and send it to us? Additionally, please provide a screenshot of the VLAN IDs, their names, and the ports to which they are assigned as tagged or untagged on the switch. This information will help us identify what to look for in the CSV file.
User

Re: VLAN info on HPE Aruba (AOS) switches   23 December 2023, 12:48

Hi again, just FYI:

I used it on another Aruba AOS switch with a newer firmware from a different branch (10.12.1020), and there I do get the VLAN info.

I will investigate further and see if I can update our switches that give no result. Otherwise I will perform the requested snmpwalk and forward it.

Kind regards

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.