Feature suggestion: Add bits/bytes option for the connection limit setting

Started by Tim

At the moment my NetGenius is set to display things in "bits". I like that, it easier for my brain than bytes.

However, when I go to the connection settings to limit it, I have to enter the limit in KB/s. Trying to do the maths on the fly to convert 10Mb/s to KB/s is hard. Could this perhaps be improved in future releases?

Thanks!
Tim
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Feature suggestion: Add bits/bytes option for the connection limit setting   03 November 2020, 09:48

That's a good idea, thank you for pointing this out. We'll modify NetGenius so that it respects the choice of bits and bytes in the limiting dialog. I will post an update here when it is ready.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: Feature suggestion: Add bits/bytes option for the connection limit setting   03 November 2020, 14:37

We have just updated NetGenius so that it respects the choice of units (bits/s or bytes/s), as shows on the screen shot below. You can download the new build and have the new choice available to you.

SoftPerfect support forum

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.