How to monitor multiple devices individually

Started by Dennis

Dennis

How to monitor multiple devices individually   10 February 2020, 10:09

On MacOS, is there a way to individually graph session usage in real time of several individually selected devices?
If not, I also have the Windows 10 version of NetWorx and I'm guessing there may be better possibility with that instead of OS X?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to monitor multiple devices individually   10 February 2020, 10:11

Could you please clarify what you mean by "devices"?
If that's your home devices connected to WiFi, it generally isn't possible to monitor them.
Dennis

Re: How to monitor multiple devices individually   10 February 2020, 10:27

I have some computers, iPhones and iPads and I wonder if I can monitor the bandwidth that each device is using. I'm on the Apple ecosystem and quite regularly it wants to do big downloads on my data-capped service, so I need to know which device it is using high bandwidth to be able to shut it off.

I took a look at the link you offered about NetWorx and NetGenius, and it confirms that I can not monitor all the devices from one computer. The program has to be running on each individual device. Unfortunately this doesn't include iOS devices. That's not really the solution I'm looking for. I do keep some computers on monitoring via NetWorx and I can also see on each individual computer from its built-in OS performance app. Unless you have another product to accomplish that in one computer?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to monitor multiple devices individually   10 February 2020, 10:37

I am afraid monitoring individual devices in a home network is a rather challenging and often impossible task.

There is no software in existence that you can install on one computer and that would magically show and monitor every device you have. The reason for that is how computer networks work physically, and generally the only solutions are advanced routers or custom firmware.

Here is an article on how to install custom firmware on popular routers and monitor devices individually. The downside to this is that it requires certain IT skills and there is a risk of bricking your router if things go wrong, so please proceed only if you are very confident in your abilities.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.