How change the "since" date in usage report

Started by Mateuszek53

Mateuszek53

How change the "since" date in usage report   20 December 2020, 20:15

In the Usage Report, on the General tab, I have two columns: This Year (2020) and Since (2001-01-01)
I would like to change that 2001-01-01 "since" date to my own. How can I do that?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   21 December 2020, 12:13

The Since option always displays the oldest date recorded in NetWorx database.

In your case this date is incorrect for some reason, as NetWorx didn't even exist at that time. Sometimes BIOS can add a date record like that.

While the usage records cannot be edited in NetWorx, you can edit the database directly. To delete that odd date:
  1. Download SQLiteSpy.
  2. Launch it, and load the NetWorx database file located in %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\SoftPerfect\NetWorx.
  3. Run the following query in SQLiteSpy replacing YYYY-MM-DD with the year, month and day of the latest record you want to delete:
DELETE FROM usage WHERE date('1899-12-30', '+' || DAY || ' days') = 'YYYY-MM-DD'
That is, to delete that erroneous date record, use:
DELETE FROM usage WHERE date('1899-12-30', '+' || DAY || ' days') = '2001-01-01'
After the erroneous record has been deleted, restart NetWorx and the "since" should change to a newer date, which should be a real date from your actual NetWorx usage.
Mateuszek53

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   21 December 2020, 22:06

There is no search option in SQLiteSpy. How do I find that value?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   21 December 2020, 22:51

There is no need to search for the value.

Simply copy and paste the above SQL query (File - New SQL in the main menu) and execute it (Execute - Execute SQL in the main menu).
Mateuszek53

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 08:55

I am doing this:
  1. Open SQLiteSpy
  2. File > Open Database at C:\ProgramData\SoftPerfect\NetWorx\Networx.db
  3. Paste the code: DELETE FROM usage WHERE date('1899-12-30', '+' || DAY || ' days') = '2020-12-10'
  4. Execute > Execute SQL
  5. Close the app > getting "This SQL was modified : DELETE FROM usage WHERE , Save changes" > YES
  6. App wants to create a new SQL file
  7. Networx.db does not seem to be overwritten, which means my modification didn't work.
Mateuszek53

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 09:09

Update: Ok my bad!
I thought I could change the date to my own, but this is deleting command only. That's why it didn't work for me when I was trying to plug in my new date.

Now I deleted the 2001-01-01. After that, I have 2018-03-28 as the oldest date. Which command do I need to use to make it 2020-12-10?

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 09:32

For deleting all the old dates up until 2020-12-10, try this with the less-than condition:
DELETE FROM usage WHERE date('1899-12-30', '+' || DAY || ' days') < '2020-12-10'
Mateuszek53

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 18:51

It works, but deleted all data usage reports before that date.
I just want to display transfer usage from 2020-12-10 without deleting older reports. Is there any way to do this? Not necessarily in the "since" column.

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 19:09

I am afraid not. The Since report always starts at the earliest recorded date.

If you want something else there, choose This Year, Last Year or Last Month.

You can also set the Month begins on parameter to 10 in the Advanced Settings, so that your monthly reports begins on that date.
Mateuszek53

Re: How change the "since" date in usage report   22 December 2020, 20:56

Pity there is no possibility to track data usage from a custom date. Every year on 10-12-2020 I buy 1TB internet pack, and would like to see how much I used up.
Please add this option in the next NetWorx update. Sure I'm not the first who's looking for that.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.