SoftPerfect RAM Disk is a high-performance RAM disk application that lets you have a disk on your computer entirely stored in the memory. As the memory is much faster than physical hard disks, storing temporary data on a fast in-memory disk achieves a higher performance.
The program creates a virtual disk residing in the computer RAM accessible in Windows Explorer and other applications, allowing you to store any temporary information on this disk. Furthermore, Windows can be configured to use the disk for temp files, so the system and most other applications would store their temporary data on the fast in-memory disk. As Windows and third-party applications often create a large number of temporary files for a short time only, using a RAM disk will extend your hard disk’s life by sparing it from excessive reading and writing.
Modern computers are equipped with many gigabytes of RAM, and most of the time there is a lot of unused memory that could be used as a high-performance alternative to the slower hard disk storage. This product lets you create any number of virtual RAM disks limited only by the memory available. You can also work with on-disk images and RAM disks associated with on-disk files to preserve your data between sessions.
The key features of SoftPerfect RAM Disk:
- Any number of RAM disks. In practice, up to 26 disks due to the number of drive letters available.
- Any RAM disk size on 64-bit systems with Intel, AMD and ARM64 processors.
- Persistent RAM disks with associated on-disk images and smart sync.
- Volatile RAM disks whose contents disappears on shutdown.
- Built-in disk image manipulation tools.