How to remove someone else's devices from my WiFi network

Started by 22She

Hello! I recently downloaded WiFi Guard. Soon after I started using it, it detected some unknown devices. I see that they connect, but I have no idea how to remove them. Has someone hacked my WiFi network? Can WiFi Guard block their access somehow? I saw there is an option to "execute command on detection", but I have no idea how to use it and what I'm supposed to do.

I will really appreciate your help.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to remove someone else's devices from my WiFi network   18 April 2022, 21:38

Please see this article: How to block unrecognised devices.
Hi there

I'm Jose Argenis from Venezuela. The article about removing or blocking unwanted users from our networks is excellent. But my case is the following:

I'm using a TP-LINK 2.4GHz High Power Wireless Outdoor CPE Model No. TL-WA5210G and my laptop with an internal WiFi card to create a repeater network from my neighbour signal. I setup all the necessary parameters. It works perfect and all my devices (cellphone and tablets) can connect without problems.

The point is that when using the Wifi Guard, it detects some unknown devices connected to my network. As you recommend, I checked my TP-Link MAC list to see what devices were connected, but it showed no devices connected, maybe because DHCP is disable so the repeater can work properly. What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: How to remove someone else's devices from my WiFi network   04 May 2023, 14:31

Based on the information you provided, the unknown devices detected by Wifi Guard are most likely connected to your neighbour's network, not yours.

When you use your laptop as a repeater to extend the range of your neighbour's WiFi, the devices that connect to your repeater network will appear as connected devices on your neighbour's router, not on your TP-Link CPE.

Since DHCP is disabled on your repeater, the devices that connect to it are likely obtaining IP addresses from your neighbour's DHCP server. Therefore, you can try to identify the unknown devices by looking at the DHCP client list on your neighbour's router. If you have access to your neighbour's router, you can log in to its web interface and check the DHCP client list to see which devices are connected to it.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.