As the previous v2.9 branch was no longer suitable for further development due to certain design issues and obsolete codebase, this new release is a result of a complete redevelopment of the product with performance, stability and maintainability in mind.
Major new features of this release include:
- Full IPv6 support (previous version did not support IPv6).
- Native 64-bit version (previous version was still 32-bit).
- Improved performance to up to about 50 MB/s and 2-3 times lower CPU use.
- New Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) filter to block or prioritise certain services, including P2P.
- Compatibility with the new systems such as Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8.
As of now, this release is a beta version. Since this is a complete redesign of the software, it may contain a few uncaught bugs. It is also NOT yet compatible with the previous version. If you would like to try this build, any previous release of BM must be uninstalled first (with a reboot).
DOWNLOAD, 32/64 bit
Requires Windows XP or above.
Please post any questions and feedback here.