SoftPerfect NetWorx

Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)

Started by VVS

Current version is not compatible with Windows 10 (1511)
System process through the work day begins ~ 10-20% CPU.
The most heavily loaded processor thread ndis.sys
After uninstalling everything works fine.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   25 November 2015, 05:16

There must be other variables, as I've used it with every 10 beta and haven't had that problem.

One possible variable: I'm using Winpcap, not the built-in driver. But it could be any number of other things.
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   25 November 2015, 08:56

Please post here a screen shot of the Main tab of NetWorx settings.
The software has three different usage collection methods. To be able to help, I need to know which one you are using.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   26 November 2015, 11:33

This is likely to be an issue with the driver for your network card. NetWorx merely polls it once a second "how many bytes have you sent and received" and this pretty much takes no CPU time. Below is a screen shot with an identical setup, but a different network card.

I would recommend to update the network card's driver. If this doesn't help, try ticking the Ignore local traffic within the LAN as it uses a different data collection method. If still no luck, you can try this workaround with WinPCap.

SoftPerfect support forum
I want to pay your attention that I wrote about process system, but not about process networx.exe
And I wrote about ndis.sys thread in the process system.

Re: Current version and CPU load on Windows 10 x64 (1511)   26 November 2015, 21:07

Likewise it doesn't happen, as you can see the 2% total CPU usage. I recommend to try the workarounds described above as it's not really a NetWorx bug.
TNX
It's works.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.