Speed Meter exported data units. Scheduled speed tests stopping

Started by Helen

Two issues here:
  1. I have the meter displaying average in MB. I tried to save/export the data. The numbers are... very different. Also different from the max and from the Mbits. What am I missing?
  2. Have been running the schedule since the 24th. Seems to have stopped adding lines to the list yesterday at 6AM. Is there some max number of lines?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Speed Meter exported data units. Scheduled speed tests stopping   03 May 2018, 12:07

1. The figures exported from the Speed Meter to a file are either bytes/sec or bits/sec, depending on what you set in Settings - Graph - Transfer Rate Unit. In other words, the values are plain values, not converted to KB or MB. If you divide by 1024 twice, you will get the same number as displayed. The reason the values are not converted is to enable charting, say if you wanted to build a MS Excel diagram, you would need the plain numbers.

2. There is no limit on the number of lines, but it looks like a speed test may occasionally get stuck and new tests don't run. We haven't found yet under what circumstances it occurs, though one issue was fixed in version 6.1.1 - you may like to update if you are using an older version. Otherwise you can simply restart NetWorx and the tests should resume.
1. Sorry if was missing the obvious.

2. Yay! No limit. This is v6.1.1 and I see it's somehow picked up again, so..cool. But if it happens again, now I know how to fix it.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.