This is the main program window you see when you run LAN Search Pro:
The program controls are as follows:
|Clears the search results|
|Loads previously saved search results|
|Saves the search results|
|Exports the search results to an HTML, XML or CSV file|
|Searches within the results|
|Maps a network drive|
|Disconnects a network drive|
|Opens the help file (displays this text)|
You can use LAN Search Pro to search in your local area network using wildcards. The rules are the same as for MS-DOS and Windows. For example:
- s*.mp3 finds all MP3 files whose names start with s
- *.doc finds all files with the DOC extension
- music finds all files that contain music in their names, e.g. "my music", "MusicCool.wav" etc.
You can search using several wildcards at a time by separating them with semicolons.
You can perform the following operations with the found files (right-click a file name to bring up the context menu and select an action):
- Open opens (launches) the file.
- Copy copies the file(s) to a local disk.
- Move moves the file(s) to a local disk.
- Open folder opens the folder containing this file.
- Delete deletes the file(s).
- Rename renames the file.
- Copy path copies a selected path to the clipboard.
- Shortcut to desktop creates a shortcut to the file on your desktop.
- Properties opens the File Properties dialog.
- Map network drive maps a network drive to folder containing the file.