Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices

Started by rodolfogiovanninetti

rodolfogiovanninetti

Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 02:18

I would like to see a new feature in WiFi Guard, meaning the IP addresses in All Devices.

I run the software, it finds some devices, I close the software... When I run it the next time, in All Devices I can find the previous list. But, in this listing I do not see IP addresses.
So, if the first time I forgot to Save from the File menu, now I do not have this information about devices that were found. I mean, I can see that it had found five 3com devices, but what were they? Instead, with IP addresses I could try to reach them with a browser, or telnet, or SSH.

Thank You and regards,
Rodolfo Giovanninetti
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 08:49

The All Devices list doesn't keep any IP addresses because it's a record of devices seen on the network. This could be a while ago and the devices may have changed their IP addresses more than once.

If you want to see an up-to-date list of IP addresses, you have to rescan the network.
rodolfogiovanninetti

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 17:45

I understand, this is why I asked for a new feature.
I have devices such as switches that have a fixed IP address. Doing a scan takes a very long time in a big network. So, please consider adding this new feature to the wish-list.

Thank You again and regards,
Rodolfo Giovanninetti
SoftPerfect Support forum - Andrew avatar image

Re: Feature request: To see IP addresses in All Devices   18 February 2015, 18:41

Makes sense then. We'll consider adding it.

You may also be interested in our Network Scanner that many find useful in network management.

Reply to this topic

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Email:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.