How to stop "the app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app" pop-up

Started by Lukas

Hi everybody,

I am very happy with WiFi Guard, but I have a problem on Windows 10 Home. Each time I start the app Windows shows this message:

Die App, die Sie installieren möchten, ist keine von Microsoft geprüfte App (German)
The app you're trying to install isn't a verified app from the Microsoft Store (English translation)

I click Trotzdem installieren / Install anyway, and it works, but next time I get the message again.

Is there a way to get rid of this annoying Windows 10 warning or disable it somehow?
SoftPerfect Support forum - Ann avatar image
Ann

Re: How to stop "the app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app" pop-up   30 June 2020, 20:40

"The app you're trying to install isn't a Microsoft-verified app" pop-up warning appears when a user downloads and tries to install an application from somewhere other than Microsoft Store. In Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a new setting that restricts users to installing applications exclusively from Microsoft Store. To get around this limitation, you can try one of the solutions below:

Solution 1: Change Microsoft Store settings
Note, these settings may be unavailable in Windows build version below 1909.
  • Click the Start Menu button
  • Open Settings, then go to Apps
  • Where it says "Installing apps only from Windows Store helps protect your device", click the drop-down list and select "Anywhere"

Solution 2: Use command line for installing the application
  • Click Start Menu and type "cmd" in the search field
  • Right-click "Command Prompt" and choose to run it as administrator
  • Type "cd" followed by the full path to the containing folder of the app's installation package, e.g.: cd C:\Users\Username\Desktop
  • Type the name of the installation file, e.g.: setup.exe
  • Press Enter to begin the installation

Solution 3: Get out of S mode
Windows Home S mode is an increased security version of Windows Home edition, which permits applications from the Microsoft Store only. If you are using Home S and want to be able to download and install applications from somewhere else, you need to switch to the normal Home mode.
  • Click Start Menu
  • Got to Settings, then System, then About and check if your Windows version is Home or Home S
  • If it is Home S, go to Settings, then Update & Security
  • Click Go to the Store, which should open a page that says Switch Out of S Mode
  • Click the Get button, then Install
  • Once installed, go back to About and check if you have been switched from Home S to the normal Home edition

Example: go to Start - Settings - Apps - Apps & features - Installing apps, and select either Allow apps from anywhere or Turn off app recommendations (the exact words vary depending on your Windows version).

SoftPerfect support forum

Sometimes you can find a solution faster if you try the forum search, have a look at the knowledge base, or check the software user manual to see if your question has already been answered.

Our forum rules are simple:

• Be polite.
  • Do not spam.
  • Write in English. If possible, check your spelling and grammar.

Author:

Subject

A brief and informative title for your message, approximately 4–8 words:

Spam prevention: please enter the following code in the input field below.